Biking

"In the field" railroad history adventures...

Monday, December 3, 2018

Lunch Hour - Quickie on the High Line

Now that I work in the area, its a short walk to get on the High Line so I decided to revisit it on Monday.  Back in 2016 I had a great visit and documented my trek here.

Unfortunately it was a cloudy and windy day… but I did the loop starting from 30th Street

Here's where I got on at 30th Street.
A short walk takes to you to the train yards.
 The signage was great and keeps visitors informed of its important railroad history.
Vestiges of the track are "reverently" kept to see...
The new skyscrapers going up are so huge it took four shots to captue in all.
The crazy looking ribcage at the bottom is actually a walking track. In mid-November, I posted re that weird thing > Close Up Photo

I finished up 34th Street and snapped this informative map.

Later that day -- on my commute home -- I wandered thru Bryant Park - it was all abuzz with Christmas...



No comments:

Post a Comment