Biking

"In the field" railroad history adventures...

Sunday, May 18, 2014

Kaydeross Park Abandoned Trolley ROW

In February 2014, when researching abandoned rail and trolley lines in the Saratoga NY area, I found this ROW and was enticed to come back in warmer weather and try to ride it. See winter photos and mini map >

On Sunday morning May 18th--after riding Bog Meadow Brook--I ventured over here and parked in a lot nearby and rode in from Crescent Ave. It was a little soft and wet on the first part of the ascent but further on it was drier but still a little soft from a lot of leaf cover. Nevertheless, it was a fun and fascinating ride. Once I reached the first road (a private driveway), any sign of the ROW completely disappeared so I headed back down as I came.  Bing Bird's Eye View >





Watch a short video -  Riding Down the Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment